Shipping is an operationally intensive business where companies work in a constantly changing commercial environment, are subject to stringent regulations, and trade to all parts of the globe. Furthermore, shipping companies compete in a cyclical and capital-intensive business environment which rewards only those who keep a sharp lookout for opportunities, have the resources and resolve to act on them, and maintain a tight control on risks and costs.
Ardmore embraces the challenges of this complex and competitive environment, where in order to excel we must:
- Have a total dedication to quality of operations, crew welfare, health and safety
- Commitment to the protection of the environment; working with regulators, authorities and associations to ensure adherence to the highest standards;
- Develop a collaborative working relationship with our customers by thoroughly understanding their business objectives, paying attention to detail in operations, and having a commercially flexible approach to solving issues when they arise;
- Choose to work with, and maintain a strong and trusting relationship with, the best ‘partner’ companies in order to ensure the highest standards;
- Attract high quality seafarers and shore-based professionals by providing an organization with integrity, a clear sense of purpose, a secure shipboard working environment, a stimulating office environment, and an opportunity to grow professionally;
- Maintain the trust of oil majors by approaching the vetting process with a complete understanding of their objectives and standards, and by using their feedback to improve and stay at the forefront of best management practices; and
- Win the support of experienced shipping financiers through prudent risk management, good financial reporting, and sustaining their confidence in Ardmore’s continued financial viability.
We believe that by concentrating on each of these areas with passion, we will not merely meet, but exceed, the expectations of those who have placed their trust in us, and believe also that it will serve Ardmore well in the long journey ahead.